There are 6 diet - planning principles which must be considered when planning your meals.
- Balance: This means that you should prepare food in proportion to each
other and in proportion to the body's needs.
- Adequacy: This means that the diet should provide nutrients, fiber, and
energy in amounts enough to maintain health.
- Calorie Control: Watch those calories! Select foods that have more
nutrients. The amount of energy from foods should balance with the
amount of energy that you use for physical activity.
- Nutrient Density: Select foods that give you the most nutrients for the
- Moderation: Don't overeat! Eat enough but not too much of a food.
- Variety: Eat a wide selection of food items from the food groups.
Believe it or not, you are what you eat!!! So eat well and eat wisely.