|You are here : Home » Mission/Vision
To contribute to the improvement of the quality of life in Antigua and Barbuda by:
- Providing beneficiaries of the Scheme with access to healthcare services;
- Promoting public awareness of the importance of adopting healthy lifestyles; and
- Providing financial support for the construction and maintenance of health care facilities and infrastructure.
To be a model organization, which is customer-oriented, and renowned for its service excellence, integrity, accountability and fairness.
Core Values Statement
We will endeavour not only to meet, but also to surpass public expectations through:
- Providing services at locations that are readily accessed by beneficiaries;
- Providing timely and reliable services;
- Using customer satisfaction surveys as the basis for continuous improvement.
We will be effective stewards of the resources with which we are entrusted. We will
- Maintain effective mechanisms to ensure that all contributions due are collected on a timely basis;
- Exercise prudent financial management and accounting disciplines;
- Adopt a framework of transparent, public reporting.
We will foster and develop partnerships with stakeholders and other entities in the pursuit of matters of mutual interest.
Education and Awareness
We will promote the adoption of health lifestyles to complement our programme of curative benefits
Human Resources Development
We recognize that our human resources are amongst our most valuable assets. We are committed to equitable hiring, remuneration and promotion practices and the continued training and development of our staff.
We believe that our success is dependent on our ability to work together, within and between departments, on the basis of mutual trust and respect.
Fairness, honesty and integrity will be the hallmarks of the way in which we do business.
We will leverage on information systems to enhance our service delivery, and as the basis for identifying and analyzing trends to support critical decisions.
We will be sensitive to, and adaptive to, the dynamic environment in which we operate.